Code of Conduct
Date of Last Revision: September 28, 2009.
ImagineNations Network is an initiative of ImagineNations Group, a non-profit, humanitarian agency ("ImagineNations Network"). ImagineNations Network's mission is to help youth-led businesses grow faster and employ more people by making it easy for them to connect to peers, mentors, information, and resources.
This Code of Conduct specifically addresses the numerous ethical issues surrounding a business mentoring relationship. Business ethics has many dimensions, particularly in the realm of cyberspace. As part of the ImagineNations Network community, we ask that you agree to a basic set of guidelines and principles that are outlined below. Though not exhaustive, we hope these guidelines will assist you in establishing an honest, trusting and rewarding relationship. We ask you to use these guidelines as the basis for the relationship you are about to develop.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of this Code of Conduct at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the changes to this Code of Conduct on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. Your continued use of the Website after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Code of Conduct. If you do not agree to this or any future Code of Conduct, you may not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Website. It is your responsibility to regularly check the Website to determine if there have been changes to this Code of Conduct and to review such changes.
Mentors and Mentees
As a participant in the ImagineNations Network community, I agree to:
- treat others within the ImagineNations Network community with respect
- put an honest effort and commit sufficient time towards each mentoring relationship established (recommended three (3) hours per month for mentors and six (6) hours per month for mentees)
- not promote goods or services from sources in which I have a financial or personal interest
- not accept fees or commissions
- recognize the diversity of the ImagineNations Network community and respect the variety of cultural norms, beliefs, practices, and values it contains
As a mentor within the ImagineNations Network community, I agree to:
- not use any ideas, products or materials that a mentee has, or may develop, to further my business or financial interests; and maintain the confidentiality of all ideas, products or materials that have been entrusted to me by my mentee
- encourage my mentee to maintain the highest ethical standards
- maintain a high standard of personal and professional conduct with my mentee
- always communicate in a truthful manner
- support the goals of my mentee
- avoid the intent or appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions and communications
- accept only assignments for which I am qualified by my experience and competence
- immediately acknowledge any influences on my objectivity to my mentee
- refer my mentee to ImagineNations Network for issues or questions for which I feel unqualified
As a mentee within the ImagineNations Network community, I agree to:
- maintain the confidentiality of my mentoring relationships
- communicate regularly and openly with my mentor
- honor my commitment to my mentor
- complete any tasks agreed upon between my mentor and myself
- hold all sensitive information provided through my ImagineNations Network relationship in strict confidence