At ImagineNations Group, Inc. ("ImagineNations" or "we") we want you to participate and benefit from our efforts to empower and inspire a new generation of successful young adults in the developing world with opportunities, employment and livelihood.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact our privacy staff at email@example.com.
What We Learn and Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
When you register with ImagineNations and create a user profile to participate in ImagineNations' programs, you may provide us with certain personal and business information, including but not limited to your name, your email address, your telephone number, your city and country and possibly postal code, your education and training, your profession or employment including group or company affiliations and business revenue, photograph, and your password. Other personal information may be collected as well. Some of this information may be required to register and other information is optional.
If you choose to create an entrepreneur profile, certain business profile information will be collected by the Website. This may include your name, business name, primary industry, business website, start date of business, general business description, business street address, annual business revenue, number of employees, household size, household income, and additional information you provide when you register with ImagineNations.
If you choose to create a supporter profile, certain supporter profile information will be collected by the Website. This may include your name, city of residence, position or title, company name, industry, areas of functional expertise, a description of business expertise, years of ownership experience, years of management experience, and additional information you provide when you register with ImagineNations.
By registering with ImagineNations, you are permitted to create a personal profile, form relationships with other users, send messages to other registered users, perform searches and queries, and join groups and social networks.
By sending communications to other users (including, but not limited to, personal messages, mentor/mentee requests), you consent to ImagineNations storing the conversations you have with other users on its servers owned or controlled by us. You understand that even if you delete a conversation you have with another user, that user may also be able to save it. You further agree that we may retain, use, and scan copies of your conversations for a limited time solely to filter spam, detect viruses, test and improve our messaging services, and to deliver personalized features to you.
In most cases, we retain communications and the information we collect so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your connections, or your mentor or mentee list. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
ImagineNations automatically collects certain information on all website visitors that we do not use to personally identify individuals. For example, this site automatically collects and recognizes your domain name, IP address, browser version, operating system, Internet service provider (ISP) and the site you passed through to reach an ImagineNations website or online service, the next website you visit, date/time stamps and number of clicks on the site. We do this to analyze trends and administer the website. We automatically gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our websites and their areas, very much like television ratings that tell how many people tuned in to a program.
To do these things, our websites and online services utilize "cookies" and/or web beacons (also known as clear gifs). A cookie is a small data test file the website places on the browser of a user's computer to gather and store basic tracking information and to monitor the presentation of functions and advertisements we might provide. Cookies are also used to restrict access to bona fide subscribers. Our cookies are not related to any personally identifiable information. You may opt-out of the cookies delivered by our website by disabling all cookies delivered to your browser, but this may affect not just the cookies delivered by the ImagineNations website and may affect the website’s functionality. A web beacon is typically a 1 by 1 pixel invisible image on the website page. These are used to help create the log file to accurately track site usage information and they do not use personally identifiable information.
We may also use a third party company such as Google Analytics to track trends and website usage. In addition, we may use an outside ad serving company to display advertisements on our site. As part of their service, they may place a separate cookie on your computer or utilize other means to collect non-personally identifiable information such as, web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags or other similar technologies and they may display advertisements based on web browsing activity at your computer.
Display of Personal Information On Website Profiles and Interactive Features
ImagineNations values your privacy and therefore takes reasonable steps to protect the personally identifiable information we hold about you. Nonetheless, you should be aware that profile information is publicly viewable by other users or participants of such services or to anyone using the World Wide Web. Similarly, any communications you submit or post to a blog, message board or other interactive feature may be viewable by other participants or users of the service or to anyone using the World Wide Web. Therefore, you acknowledge and understand that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the content you submit for profiles or to such interactive features, whether or not it contains personally identifiable information about you.
Because your user profile is available to others and you may display your personal information in any communication submitted to any interactive features, other individuals may collect and use your personal information. We are not responsible for, nor can we guarantee the protection of, any personal information you make available in a profile, that you disclose in a communication submitted to such interactive features for posting, or contained in an email submitted to us for posting, and thus, you acknowledge that if you disclose personal information in any such material, you do so at your own risk.
How We Use What We Learn
ImagineNations uses the information you provide and information we collect in numerous ways such as:
- To match you with either a mentor or a mentee. Once a match is made, your name, email address, phone number (optional) and the URL of your public ImagineNations profile and associated content will be supplied to the person you have been matched with.
- To communicate with you regarding our services, the mentoring process, and upcoming ImagineNations events or initiatives.
- To evaluate and improve the ImagineNations services and the Website and offer personalized features.
- To further our program efforts and report developments to funders, stakeholders and external partners.
- With your explicit permission, we may use your personal details to promote ImagineNations. You will be contacted before any release of such information for ImagineNations' promotional purposes, and you may withdraw any permission that you may grant at any time.
- To send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service, including to advise you of program status. For example, if you receive a mentoring request or an offer for mentoring advice, you may receive an email or other message alerting you to that fact.
- To collect additional information from you from time to time through the general operation of the service. For example, we may contact you as part of an online survey about our services.
Users From Countries Other Than the United States
By providing any information to ImagineNations, personally identifiable or not, you hereby expressly consent that the collected information might be transferred, stored and processed in any other country, including the United States of America.
What We Tell Others About You
ImagineNations shares and discloses your information with third parties (i) to develop and offer the services, (ii) with your consent, (iii) as legally required or (iv) as described below:
- If, when you register with ImagineNations, you identify yourself as a member of an organization, group or corporation that is affiliated with or has a relationship with ImagineNations, ImagineNations may provide that group or corporation with personally identifiable individual (non-anonymous) reports, that may include any or all of your profile data, detailing your use of the Website and any feedback you or your matches have reported to ImagineNations regarding your mentoring relationships and business outcomes. The organization, group or company may use this information for the purposes of facilitating the ImagineNations program, measuring the activity and evaluating the outcomes of their participants in ImagineNations, and promoting ImagineNations and the services the organization provides to its members.
- ImagineNations may also provide groups, companies or organizations that it partners with for mentoring or other services with personally identifiable information, including profile data for the purposes of allowing these entities to contact you to facilitate the ImagineNations program.
- ImagineNations may also provide reports containing aggregated, anonymous information to third party entities including but not limited to groups, companies or organizations that ImagineNations may have a relationship with.
- To promote and notify prospective users of the volunteer opportunities available on the Website, as well as mentoring opportunities, some features of your profile may be exported to third party sites that promote small business development and/or volunteerism, and social networks that cater to small business owners and business professionals. Such features that may be exported to and displayed on such third party sites include but are not limited to your name, picture, industry, business name, experience needed, city and state of business, mentoring request summary, mentoring request expertise, profile URL and mentoring request URL.
- ImagineNations may provide information to certain third party companies which we may contract to perform services to you on our behalf. These services may include postal and e-mail delivery, website operations, customer relationship management, customer service, survey vendors, development and research, data analysis, fraud protection, and payment processing (e.g., through PayPal or a similar service which collects and processes donations on our behalf). The third parties we contract with for the provision of these services will be contractually permitted to obtain only such personal information as they require to deliver the services and only use such information for their provision of the applicable services to us.
Forward to a Friend Emails
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our website, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend's email address. We will send your friend an email with your name listed in the invitation inviting him or her to visit the site. ImagineNations stores this information to send invitations, to allow you to see invitations or referrals you have sent, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Communications from ImagineNations, Opt-Out Choice and Correcting Information
By registering or otherwise agreeing, users agree to receiving communications from ImagineNations. We may communicate with you by email, regular mail or phone, depending on the nature of the communication. Users will occasionally receive information on ImagineNations services, messages regarding participation in ImagineNations, and newsletters. Users cannot opt-out of certain communications that are sent to users to permit participation in ImagineNations' services. Users who have deactivated their accounts can opt-out of these mailings. Users may also access and edit their online profile to update information.
Users may 'opt-out' of receiving certain marketing communications by replying to email@example.com with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line. There may be up to a ten business day delay in manually processed requests. To deactivate your account on the Website or to correct or update profile information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Deactivate" in the subject line or "Correct" or "Update" in the Subject line and include updated information in the email.
Advertisers and Links
ImagineNations' website may contain links to other sites including advertisers who may collect personally identifiable or other information directly from you. ImagineNations is not responsible for the privacy policies, content or other practices of our advertisers, sponsors, or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks or access. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
ImagineNations occasionally asks participants to submit references to us before being accepted into the program. ImagineNations stores this information for the sole purpose of conducting reference checks. The reference may contact ImagineNations by email at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
ImagineNations has in place reasonable technical and other precautions to protect our users' personally identifiable and other information. You agree to maintain the security of your password and identification. However, you post user content, including profile information, blog posts and other interactions on the ImagineNations website at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users or third parties. We are not responsible for unauthorized circumvention of any security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of user content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your user content, including profile information.
Notification of Changes
ImagineNations Group, Inc.
221 Bay Front Rd.
Pasadena, MD 21122
Tel: +1 410 439 4800
Fax: +1 410 439 4110
Effective Date: September 2009